The Florida State Parks Photo Contest is Simple: Explore, Share, and Win!
Not sure where to go? Read more about the state parks in southwest Florida here.
Florida’s 174 state parks, trails and historic sites offer beautiful backdrops for recreational and nature-based photos, and we want to see them from your point-of-view. The new state park monthly photo contest’s campaign is explore Florida State Parks, share your point-of-view and enter to win the Florida State Parks Photo Contest!
“Time spent at a park is invaluable for building family bonds and making memories,” said Donald Forgione, director of the Florida Park Service. “I encourage park visitors to bring a camera along to tell their story and share their adventures.”
New this year are monthly themes to help focus your lens. Submit your photo here to enter.
- March – Signs of spring: gardens and wildflowers
- April – Camping: RV, tent or just a backpack
- May – Al fresco dining: picnics and grilling
- June – School’s out: kids playing at a park
- July – Beach season: seashells, sandcastles and shorebirds
- August – Keep cool: freshwater springs
- September – Read the park: Bring a book or join a tour
- October – Trails Month: hiking, biking and horseback riding
- November – Water world: surfing, swimming, diving and fishing
- December – Family gatherings: cabins and campfires
One winner each month will receive a Florida State Parks Tervis® tumbler and six state park day-entry passes. The public determines the monthly winners by voting here.
The deadline to enter the contest is the 20th of each month. Monthly winners are announced on the first day of each month. See photo contest rules for more details.